FOR THE ATTENTION OF ALL IRISH/AMERICANS – THE MOTHERS AND FATHERS OF IRELAND NEED YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT.
THE PRESENT IRISH CONSTITUTION GIVES POWER AND AUTHORITY TO THE FAMILIES IN IRELAND OVER ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THEIR CHILDREN. THE REFERENDUM TO BE HELD ON SATURDAY, 10TH NOVEMBER 2012, WHICH HAS BEEN SET UP BY THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT IN IRELAND, IS DESIGNED TO TAKE THIS PARENTAL ROLE AWAY FROM PARENTS.
IN ADDITION, A GOVERNMENT SPOKESPERSON HAS SPOKEN PUBLICLY THAT SHE DOES NOT WISH THE FAMILIES WHO WOULD VOTE NO TO BE GIVEN A VOICE IN THE MEDIA, EVEN ALTHOUGH THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW AS IT STANDS AT PRESENT. THIS IS NO MORE THAN A DICTATORSHIP BUT ALSO OPENS UP THE REAL REASON WHY THEY DO NOT WANT PARENTS TO BE TOLD THE TRUTH – THEY WISH TO SILENCE THOSE WHO KNOW THE TRUTH AND DECEIVE THE PEOPLE OF IRELAND.
For further information please contact:
Alliance of Parents Against the State –
The concerned families want a NO VOTE – THE REASONS FOR THIS ARE DETAILED BELOW:
This leaflet was prepared by the Alliance of Parents against the State and gives detailed reasons why the NO VOTE has to win.
1. Your legal right under Article 42.5 of the Irish Constitution to decide "Best Interests" for your own child will be handed over to the State. Parents will be reduced to Caregivers under the UNCRC.
2. Your child can be placed for adoption against your will. You will not need to be accused or convicted of any crime and the arbitrary decision can be made by one person. The entire process will take place in secret Family Courts and you will be gagged and prevented from speaking out.
3. The State can decide for example to vaccinate every child in Ireland, and the parent, and even the child have no say in the matter. You do not need to be consulted or give permission. Joan Burton (Minister for Social Protection) has already hinted that Child Benefit will be tied into vaccination records; this could be extended to school admission.
4. The State can decide to give Birth Control to children of any age, even if they are below the Age of Consent. The State can bring children to other countries for an abortion without parental consent and even if the child disagrees.
5. The UN and the EU can make any laws for children without consent of the Irish Government if it wishes. This allows unelected people in the EU and UN to write Irish Laws without prior notice. This removes what little Sovereignty Ireland has as a nation.
6. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child is no mere statement of altruism; it is a legally binding Human Rights Treaty which, if Article 42 is changed, will allow unelected people in the EU and UN to re-write Irish Law. Fully ratifying the UNCRC will now make every other treaty that we have ratified also apply to all Irish Children. The entire landscape of Irish Law may need to be rewritten.
7. The UNCRC does not give Irish children any privileges they did not possess before. Parents have always vindicated the rights for their child. As children are not autonomous, the State can decide anything even if the child disagrees. Effectively, this also removes children's rights.
8. The "Best Interest Principle" of the UN is nothing more than a slogan. Was it in the "Best Interests" of the 260 who died in Irish State "Care", or the 500 who went missing and many were later found to have been trafficked into prostitution and slavery? We believe if Ireland is to have a World-Class Child Protection System that "Best Interests" should be replaced with "to the Measured and Demonstrated Benefit of the Child" and it will need to be measured and demonstrated. Despite 760 children missing or dead in a decade, nobody has ever been held accountable. In the Baby P case 2 doctors were struck off and 4 social workers fired, in Ireland 260 dead, 500 missing and nobody was punished.
9. The UNCRC only gives "Rights" to children but there is no obligation on the Government to comply. Children in developing nations whose Governments have ratified the UNCRC have the right to food and water and yet children are dying. Children are executed in some countries and the UNCRC does not protect them, only their "Rights". Many of the countries that have ratified the UNCRC allow for Child Soldiers, Child Forced Marriage, and the Death Penalty for Children and even Female Genital Mutilation. The UNCRC does not protect children, their parents protect them.
10. The question we are being asked here is "do you trust the Irish State, the UN and the EU to make decisions for your children when your parental rights have been eliminated?" If you are not 100% sure you must vote NO.
To compound the seriousness of this Referendum it has been noted that Senator Catherine Noone of Fine Gael (the government party) is doing her best to silence the voices of the families who oppose this referendum. Please see her quote from the actual record in the Seanad debate of 19th September 2012. This amounts to a dictatorship – do as we say or you will be silenced. This is the quote:
“Senator Catherine Noone: I too welcome the setting of a date for the referendum and the fact that it is on a Saturday, for all the reasons that have already been mentioned. I also welcome the fact that Fianna Fáil and Sinn Féin have confirmed in the House today their support for the referendum and the proposed wording.
One aspect of concern to me relates to the media. Because of the McKenna judgement, various media organisations must give 50% coverage to both sides of an argument. I hope that editorial discretion will be used in this instance so that an opportunity is not given to various nay-sayers or people who wish to raise their profiles in the media. The McKenna judgement would allow them a voice. I hope RTE and other media organisations will use editorial discretion to ensure that this campaign does not give a voice to NO campaigners whose main motivation is to raise their own profile.”
This is the reply sent by Irish mothers responding to the comments of the Senator’s quote above – this was sent to the media and to politicians but these comments were ignored:
Senator Catherine Noonan should resign her Senate seat immediately, following her scandalous suggestion that the National Broadcaster and other media organizations should exercise “editorial discretion" and not give a voice to those on the NO side in the Children's rights referendum campaign. She has shown utter contempt for the democratic process and for the Irish electorate. What she is asking of the media is coercive and contemptible.
It raises a very serious question? Why is the yes campaign so afraid to openly engage with those of us on the no side? This attempt by Catherine Noonan to stymie debate comes after former Judge Catherine McGuiness indicated her objection to a long debate. What has the Yes Side to hide? If they had nothing to hide they would be willing to debate openly and honestly.
Clearly those behind this Referendum do not want the full facts to emerge regarding the explosive nature of this referendum, and the consequences for society if it is passed. They know full well that when Irish people, especially parents, discover that they are effectively transferring total legal control over their children to the state, they will vote a resounding NO on referendum day.
Senator Noonan should resign immediately and Fine Gael should apologize to the Irish electorate for her discriminatory and offensive remarks. Government must now give a public assurance that the Media will honour the McKenna judgment and be fair and courteous to both sides in this debate.
YOUR HELP IS DESPERATELY NEEDED FOR THE HOMELAND YOU LOVE. PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS ROUND ALL IRISH FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO HELP BRING THE TRUTH TO THEIR ATTENTION. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.