FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: JANUARY 7, 2016:
WE THE PEOPLE DEMAND THE IMMEDIATE REMOVAL OF DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ FROM HER POST AS CHAIRPERSON OF THE DNC BY A DIRECT VOTE OF THE DNC MEMBERSHIP.
The Democratic Party needs (and deserves) a better leader. Debbie Wasserman Schultz has managed to bring together thousands of Grassroots members of the Democratic Party in unified opposition to her autocratic actions as chairperson of the DNC.
Five different organizations [MoveOn.org, Change.org, RootsAction.org, Credoaction.com, WhiteHousePetition.lookatthisnow.com] are currently circulating petitions calling for the immediate resignation of Debbie Wasserman Schultz as the Chairperson of the Democratic National Committee.
Calling for her resignation is not enough. We are hereby calling for her REMOVAL from office by direct vote of the members of the DNC. We request that 25% of the DNC members call for a full meeting of the Committee in order to vote to REMOVE Debbie Wasserman Schultz as chairperson of the DNC. If the members of the DNC fail to call a meeting and fail to vote DWS out of office, it is actually the members who damaging the party by allowing DWS to stay on as Chairperson.
As a group, the members of the DNC were responsible for placing Debbie Wasserman Schultz into the position of Chairperson. The members of the DNC have the authority and the responsibility to recall the Chairperson.
We The People demand the immediate removal of Debbie Wasserman Schultz from her position as the the Chairperson of the Democratic Party.
The procedure by which a Chairperson may be removed from office is clearly defined in The Charter and the Bylaws of the Democratic Party.
The many reasons why Debbie Wasserman Schultz should be VOTED OUT and the proper procedure for her REMOVAL from office are located here…
Five (5) separate petitions are calling for the IMMMEDIATE resignation of DNC Chairperson Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Please click on the links and sign all of the petitions.
(1) The White House petition states: "It is crystal clear to America that Debbie Wasserman Shultz is trampling the American democratic process in the manic attempt to eliminate any and all competition to her friend Hillary Clinton's campaign."
(2) The MoveOn.org petition states: "As a result of a complete and total lack of coordinated messaging, and horrific dissemination of available resources, all ending in the absolute failure of her mission, Debbie Wasserman Schultz must resign or be removed as DNC Chair. Honorable people who have failed so miserably in their mission would hurry to apologize and get out of the way. But apparently, Ms. Wasserman-Schultz’s hubris will not allow her to do so."
(3) The Change.org petition states: "During this election season, Debbie Wasserman Schultz has demonstrated the utmost sense of contempt and disdain for the Democratic Party, its principles, and the democratic process. Instead of treating each Democratic candidate fairly and equally, she has used her position to manipulate the electoral process in favor of Hillary Clinton. She has brought shame upon herself, on her position, and on the name "Democrat". She has run the DNC in a manner that is contrary to its principles and has betrayed the party as a whole."
(4) The RootsAction.org petition states: "In Congress, she has served as a pro-militarist and corporatist tool of the high bidders. We demand that Debbie Wasserman Schultz step down as chair of the DNC."
(5) The CredoAction.com petition states: "As DNC chair, you have repeatedly failed to act in the best interests of progressives and the Democratic Party. You have lost the trust of grassroots progressives and Democrats. Please resign immediately."
We call upon all Democrats to read the many reasons why Debbie Wasserman Schultz should be VOTED OUT and the proper procedure for her REMOVAL from office:
We request that 25% of the DNC members call for a full meeting of the Committee in order to vote to REMOVE Debbie Wasserman Schultz from her position as chairperson of the DNC. Debbie Wasserman Schultz should be REMOVED from the office of Chairperson by direct vote of the members of the DNC. We also call for all people to share their comments and opinions at: